CENTRAL CHRISTIAN CHURCH
JOB DESCRIPTION – SENIOR PASTOR
The Senior Pastor is accountable for creating and maintaining positive relationships with Christians and non-Christians, as defined in the New Testament. Responsibilities include all aspects of ministerial care and administrative duties, as described below. Senior Minister reports to the Elders of the Church.
- Bachelor and/or Theology (Religion or Divinity) degrees required with proven, theological seminary experience
- Interpersonal skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Strong moral character with a deep, personal relationship with God
- Skill and heart for sermon planning and preaching
- Passionate for continued spiritual growth
- A desire to Shepherd others spiritually
Ministry hours are flexible, but some evening hours are required due to special programs, meetings, visitations, or unforeseen emergencies.
- Vacation time will be paid as follows:
- First and second year – two weeks
- Third and fourth year – three weeks
- Fifth and sixth year – four weeks
- Seven+ years – five weeks
- Nine holidays will be paid, including New Years Day, Good Friday or the following Monday, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and the following Friday, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Should any of these holidays fall on a Sunday, the following Monday will be observed/paid as the holiday
- Paid time off for conventions, seminars, and revivals as planned and approved with the Elders
- Presentation of Biblically-oriented sermons during Sunday worship services. Effective call for commitment to Christ required.
- Consistently anticipates and plans message to meet the perceived needs of the congregation
- Assist the Music Director to plan all worship music including holiday and special services
- Participate in leadership meetings, including those of the Elders.
- Encourage individual prayer and devotion in Bible study.
- Establish with the Elders and other ministerial staff the annual goals for the growth and maturity of the congregation
- Promote the focus of the church through external programs
- Participate in Jonesborough Area Ministerial Association, if desired
- Counsels church members and others on an appointment basis, as needed.
- Visit members, active attendees, at hospitals, residences or nursing homes.
- Informs Elders of potential problems and conflicts when warranted, while actively seeking a solution
- Effectively lead non-Christians to faith and baptism in Christ
- Develop, incorporate and maintain positive relationships with non-Christians through community events
- Collaborate with the Elders to make sure that the church’s community outreach is relevant to the perceived needs of the community
- Effectively prioritize tasks and organize files to accomplish all tasks
- Coordinate with the Administrative Assistant for use of building by outside groups
- Receive and review weekly announcements and prayer requests.
- Collaborate with staff, Elders and team leaders to create and produce promotional materials, as needed
- Submit an annual Ministry Contingency budget for ministerial supplies, such as periodicals, convention expenses, etc.
- Coordinate updates of the church website.
Interested person should email CentralChristianChurchOffice@gmail.com